Create Calm is a non-profit organization dedicated to developing healthier, happier communities through mindfulness-based behavioral health education. Our mission is to provide mental and physical health education, resources, and support for optimal self-care, positive engagement, collaboration, inclusion, and success in academic environments, providing scaffolding around all members of the school community, children and adults, that empowers them to productively and effectively contribute to the community, to feel a sense of belonging, to value themselves and others, and be active, compassionate, resilient life-long learners.
For example, through the CALM Youth Leadership Academy, Create Calm sponsors programs that give teens and pre-teens tools they can use to help themselves, while at the same time training teachers and counselors in stress-relief and conflict management skills and helping families learn ways to improve relationships. These programs include classes, workshops, and trainings, featuring mindfulness curricula founded in core learning standards, SEL, CASEL, and NAEYC.
Create Calm is particularly committed to supporting interactive experiential learning opportunities designed to strengthen connections and teach sustainable life skills to children and adults.
Create Calm was founded by INA Wellness in 2016 as a means for delivering dynamic somatic learning programs to a target population of children, special populations, and schools. Click here to learn more about INA Wellness.
- All children, regardless of developmental differences, race, nationality, sexual preference, family or personal identity, social factors, or finances.
- Diversity in education by hiring, training, and supporting a wide variety of people of color, different nationalities, and backgrounds and encouraging them to teach authentically from the space of their own experiences.
- A culture of creativity through inclusive and empowering curricula, experiential learning, and multi-dimensional learning.
- The interwoven nature of our world — the I in All — and the power we have to heal and grow together.
- All children deserve to be seen and loved.
- Children can learn how to access their intuition.
Black Lives Matter
We have always believed that black lives matter. We commit to:
- Honoring children of color and making sure they have access to our programs.
- Hiring and mentoring people of color.
- Working with clients who also believe that black lives matter.
We pledge to continue our learning as an organization and to support Black writers, illustrators, educators, publishers, and researchers to amplify Black voices.